Position Title: Administrative Assistant – N Bryant
Location: Main Office
Job Type: Full-Time
Work Shift: Day Shift
Salary: $22,154.00 annually (commensurate with experience)
Open: October 16, 2017
The Administrative Assistant works under the general supervision of the Bookkeeping Supervisor and is responsible for providing administrative support to the N. Bryant office. The Administrative Assistant works at least 40 hours per week in order to accomplish the administrative and general office duties of the department.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares Court Ordered amendments and various legal documents.
- Scanning of various documents in computer system.
- Makes data entries into the computer system of the department.
- Enter new cases and scan all related documents in CSS.
- Contact local law enforcement to request Arrest and Incident Reports.
- Responsible for daily distribution of mail and correspondence.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- TLETS-runs all criminal histories on defendants, new hires, and yearly personnel records.
- Conducts self in a professional manner with colleagues, with defendants, and with the public.
- Complies with the TDCJ-CJAD Code of Ethics.
- Must have acquired a high school diploma or GED
- Knowledgeable in the use of word processing software; with the ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Knowledgeable in the use of various photo copying machines and fax machines, and in the use of multi-line phones.
- Be able to work independently and efficiently.
- Possess the skills to effectively communicate orally or in writing.
- Have working knowledge of the Texas Criminal Justice System.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to make rational, justifiable decisions
- Ability to take direction and critique from supervisory and administrative personnel
- Ability to follow the philosophy, policies, procedures and directives of the Concho Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License (if employee is coming to this position from another state, this requirement must be met no later than thirty days following date of employment)
- Must have a telephone number at which they can be reached
- Must have access to an automobile in good repair that can be used while on duty
- Must have the appropriate automobile insurance