Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Female Community Corrections Facility (CCF), RKR Mens Community Corrections Facility (CCF)
Job Type: Full-Time
Work Shift: 1PM-9PM
Salary: $24,400.00 annually
Open: July 15, 2020
The Administrative Assistant works under the general supervision of the Lead Administrative Assistant/ Training Coordinator and is responsible for providing administrative support to the Community Corrections Facilities. The Administrative Assistant (CCF) works at least 40 hours per week in order to accomplish the administrative and general office duties of the facilities.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers all facility telephone calls between 1pm – 9pm.
- Preparation of Amendments and various other documents as directed.
- Filing of various documents.
- Makes data entries into the computer system of the department.
- Serves as back up for responsibility of facility waiting lists.
- Serves as back up for the facility Budget Director for accounting practices.
- Responsible for all case entries.
- Types as requested, various letters, correspondence and reports.
- Responsible for daily distribution of mail and correspondence.
- Completes facility follow-up research forms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Conducts self in a professional manner with colleagues, with defendants, and with the public.
- Complies with the CJAD Standards; Residential Code of Ethics; Departmental policies and procedures.
- Have acquired a high school diploma or GED
- Knowledgeable in the use of word processing software; with the ability to type at least 40 words per minute
- Knowledgeable in the use of various photo copying machines and fax machines, and in the use of multi-line phones
- Be able to work independently and efficiently
- Possess the skills to effectively communicate orally or in writing
- Have working knowledge of the Texas Criminal Justice System
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to make rational, justifiable decisions
- Ability to take direction and critique from supervisory and administrative personnel
- Ability to follow the philosophy, policies, procedures and directives of the Concho Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License (if employee is coming to this position from another state, this requirement must be met no later than thirty days following date of employment); Must have a good driving record
- Must have a telephone number at which they can be reached
- Must have access to an automobile in good repair that can be used while on duty
- Must have the appropriate automobile insurance