Position Title: Bookkeeping Supervisor
Location: CVCSCD-CCF/Bryant Blvd
Job Type: Full-Time
Work Shift: Day Shift
Open: April 27, 2022
The Bookkeeping Supervisor works under the general supervision of the Assistant Executive Director and is responsible for overseeing the daily financial duties of the department
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION/JOB SCOPE: Accountable to the Assistant Executive Director and Executive Director, the Bookkeeping Supervisor is responsible for the facilitation and supervision of the overall fee collection, reconciliation of fees, and disbursement of payments. PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing all administration and procedural functions of Bookkeeping.
- Fully supervises and maintains responsibility for Bookkeeping personnel as assigned by the Assistant Executive Director.
- Oversees the collection of money from defendants and maintains accurate records/reports of payments.
- Supervises the receiving and receipting of all transactions within Bookkeeping Department.
- Assures that the daily deposits balance with the computer balance summary
- Prepares and monitors deposits of money collected from defendants into bank accounts.
- Disburses funds collected to County agencies and other departments, and victims owed restitution
- Reconciles all bank statements
- Maintains records of money collected from defendants, balances, deposits and compiles accurate reports as needed to meet departmental needs.
- Assesses fees to defendants as ordered by the court or assesses program fees assessed to defendants.
- Responsible for tax deposits, IRS reports
- Works closely with Tom Green County Auditor’s, Treasurer’s and other agencies
- Complies with department policies and the TDCJ-CJAD Code of Ethics.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Assistant Executive Director
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING:
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and provide proof of liability insurance. Must have acquired a high school diploma or equivalency. A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is preferred but not required.
- Desirable to have completed two years of college work in bookkeeping from a college or business school, or four years experience in bookkeeping.
- Knowledgeable in the use of word processing software; with the ability to type at least 40 words per minute and use 10-key
- Knowledgeable in the use of various photo copying machines and fax machines, and in the use of multi-line phones
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to make rational, justifiable decisions
- Knowledge of skills employed in supervising techniques for organizing and coordinating work responsibilities and tasks.
- Have the ability to utilize a personal computer, general office equipment.
- Be able to work independently and efficiently Competent in interpersonal skills. Possess skills to effectively communicate in writing and orally.
- Must have the ability to physically be present at work on a regular basis during assigned work hours. Strong attendance is required.
- Must have the ability to deal with high stress situations and the physical ability to conduct all phases of the responsibilities and tasks.
- Must have demonstrated attitude of being a team player, and a desire to perform job standards including spontaneous assignments are to be maintained.