Position Title: Computer Technician – FCCF
Job Type: Full-Time
Work Shift: Day Shift
Open: December 10, 2019
The CCF Computer Technician, under the general supervision of the CVCSCD I.T. Supervisor, is responsible for PC and domain phases of the RKR and FCCF Adult Probation IT network. This position facilitates and maintains information technology needs with the FCCF and RKR Director and the staff, providing support to the, Female CCF, and RKR Male CCF.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work closely with the CCF Directors and Maintenance and Services Supervisor in order to construct a more useful network
2. Configures, implements, and maintains various technologies managed by the department including Windows 7/8/8.1/10 desktop PCs, Windows 7/8/8.1/10 laptop PCs, Windows 2008servers, Synology NAS devices, various makes of printers, various label makers, various A/V technologies,, Antivirus software, VPN technologies, Remote Desktop software Windows /Android mobile devices, Data cable installation, software applications, connections to FTP servers, terminal servers, and other related peripherals.
3. Ensures all IT(Domain/System/User) related problems are solved in an efficient manner
4. Provides support service for the Network Administrator and maintains the CCF domain.
5. Evaluates, coordinates, and installs hardware, software, other data equipment, and electronics as required
6. Recommends purchases by working with vendors, Network Administrator And Maintenance and Service Supervisor to ensure the best possible pricing contracts
7. Works with outside programmers and software suppliers to ensure their programs are working correctly and meet the department needs. Evaluates contracts and conditions of service.
8. Coordinates changes between department personnel concerning domain accounts and permissions
9. Coordinates new department personnel concerning domain accounts and permissions, room setup, and computer usage.
10. Ensures that data is inaccessible to past employees by deleting accounts and using restrictive permission settings.
11. Trains personnel on new and existing IT equipment/procedures/practices.
12. Maintains copies of department’s logical data records and record archive on defendants
13. Maintains CCF personnel PC documents
14. Works with Network Administrator and Maintenance and Services Supervisor to ensure Switch, Router, and ISP data lines are working and provides fast response time when lines are down
15. Assist in the Organization and facilitation of all special IT Projects.
16. Conducts self in a professional manner with colleagues, with defendants, and with the public.
17. Complies with the TDCJ-CJAD Code of Ethics:
CODE OF ETHICS – In order to ensure that all community supervision officers maintain the highest level of professional standards, that the integrity of the criminal justice system is fully preserved, that the mission and goals of every community
supervision and corrections department in this State are faithfully accomplished and that the people of this State and in each local community are served with honor and dedication, the Community Justice Assistance Division of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice propounds the following Code of Ethics to be adopted and implemented by every community supervision and corrections department in this State and by its officers and employees
18. Must have integrity and a customer service oriented attitude due to the nature of the work.
- Experience in /System Administration. College degree preferred but not required.
- Knowledgeable in the use and maintenance of personal computers and certain computer applications is required
- Position necessitates lifting, recycling, and cleaning.
- Knowledgeable in the use and maintenance of various photo copying machines and fax machines
- Be able to work independently and efficiently
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to make rational, justifiable decisions
- Ability to take direction and critique from management personnel
- Ability to follow the philosophy, policies, procedures and directives of the Concho Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License (if employee is coming to this position from another state, this requirement must be met no later than thirty days following date of employment)
- Must have a telephone number at which they can be reached
- Must have access to an automobile in good repair that can be used while on duty
- Must have appropriate and current automobile insurance