Position Title: Field Service Officer
Location: Main Office
Job Type: Full-Time
Open: February 14, 2018
The Field Service Officer works under the general supervision of the Supervisor. This position is responsible for providing field services, which includes field contacts with probationers and sentenced offenders, substance abuse testing and other assigned tasks as outlined.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform field visits at probationers’ place of residence, employment, or confinement in accordance with the department and CJAD standards.
- Obtain breath and urine samples for drug and alcohol testing.
- Test probationers for controlled substances.
- Testify in court as required.
- Drive and maintain departmental vehicles.
- Monitor probationer/offender’s compliance with court ordered conditions, curfew, employment/address verification, house arrest, electronic monitoring, and other special conditions.
- Enter computer data concerning field contacts, substance abuse testing, and violations of the conditions of probation/release.
- Notify supervision staff of violations of the conditions of probation/release.
- Respond to electronic monitoring notifications of unauthorized exits.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Conducts self in a professional manner with colleagues, with defendants, and with the public.
- Complies with the TDCJ-CJAD Code of Ethics.
- Have acquired a High School Diploma or GED, two years of college is preferred.
- Be able to work evenings, late nights, and weekends.
- Be willing to maintain an effective working relationship with law enforcement agencies and community supervision staff.
- Have the ability to make sound judgments.
- Have a good working knowledge of safety guideline procedures or the willingness and ability to learn.
- Have a good working knowledge of Texas Probation Law/Limits or the willingness and ability to learn.
- Have a valid drivers license and automobile insurance.
- Knowledgeable in the use of word processing software; with the ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Knowledgeable in the use of various photo copying machines and fax machines.
- Be able to work independently and efficiently.
- Possess the skills to effectively communicate orally or in writing.
- Have working knowledge of the Texas Criminal Justice System and Community Supervision and Corrections programs.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to make rational, justifiable decisions
- Ability to take direction and critique from supervisory personnel
- Ability to follow the philosophy, policies, procedures and directives of the Concho Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License (if employee is coming to this position from another state, this requirement must be met no later than thirty days following date of employment)
- Must have an acceptable driving record
- Must have a telephone number at which they can be reached
- Must have access to an automobile in good repair that can be used while on duty
- Must have the appropriate automobile insurance