Position Title: Food Service Assistant
Location: Female Community Corrections Facility (CCF), RKR Mens Community Corrections Facility (CCF)
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $24, 283.00
Open: April 21, 2017
The Food Service Assistant works under the general supervision of the Food Service Supervisor and is responsible for the preparation, cooking and serving of adequate nutritious meals as specified by menus and standardized recipes.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare, cook, and serve meals to all residents in a residential treatment facility.
- Handles and prepares various types of food items in a proper manner.
- Meet all meal schedules and inventories daily usage of items from dry and cold storage areas.
- Properly use facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
- Prepares food that is in accordance with the Food Services manual, maintaining good hygiene practices by wearing clean clothes, hair/beard restraints, and gloves in accordance with Texas Health Department standards.
- Maintains inventory of supplies used in meal preparation.
- Supervises residents assigned to work details in kitchen and insures kitchen and dining area are cleaned after each meal.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Conducts self in a professional manner with colleagues in the criminal justice system, with offenders, with victims, and with the public.
- Complies with the CJAD Standards; Residential Code of Ethics; Departmental policies and procedures.
- 6th grade level literacy and math preferred
- One year experience in institutional quantity food production service and sanitation preferred
- Be able to work independently and efficiently
- Possess skills to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to take direction and critique from supervisory personnel
- Ability to follow the philosophy, policies, procedures and directives of the Concho Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department and Community Corrections Facilities
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License (if employee is coming to this position from another state, this requirement must be met no later than thirty days following date of employment); Must have a good driving record
- Must have appropriate and current automobile insurance
- Must have a telephone number at which they can be reached.