Position Title: HR Assistant Administrator – Benefits Coordinator
Location: CVCSCD-CCF/Bryant Blvd
Job Type: Full-Time
Work Shift: Day Shift
Salary: $41,987.00 - $46,667.00
The HR Assistant Administrator / Benefits Coordinator works under the general supervision of the HR Administrator and is responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Concho Valley CSCD, Female CCF, and RKR Male CCF. The HR Assistant Administrator / Benefits Coordinator works at least 40 hours per week in order to accomplish the administrative tasks assigned to this position.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with new hire orientation and new hire processing for all facilities.
- Responsible for administering and tracking employee benefits.
- Explain, advise, and facilitate proper enrollment in Group Benefits Program and Retirement Plan.
- Enter new-hires, terminations, re-hire, LOA and retirement actions in ERS OnLine in a timely manner
- Access FTP BlueZone server and compare daily change files with actions created in ERS OnLine
- Compare monthly file with Payroll records
- Complete accurately and submit all required forms in a timely manner to CJAD
- Remit monthly premium payment to Huntsville Cashier’s Office no later than the 1st of the month
- Reconcile benefit statements and provide explanations of any discrepancies to CJAD
- Process and maintain files for FMLA, Employee Medical Files, Interns, and Volunteers.
- Data entry into TimeClock, Munis, and CSS.
- Prepare, enter, and submit payroll information to Treasurers’ Office
- Process/audit/reconcile all timesheets for accuracy of all hours and accruals.
- Prepares Monthly Staff Reports for the Deputy Director and various other reports as directed.
- Types as requested, various letters, correspondence and reports.
- Prepare ID cards and badges
- Assist with special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Conducts self in a professional manner with colleagues, with defendants, and with the public.
- Complies with the TDCJ-CJAD Code of Ethics.
- Possession of a Bachelors Degree conferred by a college or university accredited by an accrediting organization recognized by the coordinating board, Texas College and University System is preferred.
- Progressively responsible experience which provides evidence that the candidate has a good understanding of administrative processes and practices at a professional level, preferably in a human resources environment.
- Possess exceptional analytical and communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Have acquired a high school diploma or GED.
- Have at least three years experience performing personnel functions (preferred).
- Knowledgeable in the use of personal computers and computer applications is required. Microsoft Word and Excel are preferred.
- Position necessitates some lifting.
- Knowledgeable in the use of various photo copying machines and fax machines.
- Be able to work independently and efficiently.
- Have working knowledge of the Texas Criminal Justice System.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to make rational, justifiable decisions
- Ability to take direction and critique from management personnel
- Ability to follow the philosophy, policies, procedures and directives of the Concho Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License (if employee is coming to this position from another state, this requirement must be met no later than thirty days following date of employment).
- Must have a telephone number at which they can be reached.
- Must have the appropriate automobile insurance.