Position Title: Receptionist-Cashier
Location: CVCSCD-CCF/Bryant Blvd
Job Type: Full-Time
Work Shift: Day Shift
Open: August 11, 2020
The Receptionist/Cashier works under the general Supervision of the Bookkeeping Supervisor and is responsible for providing administrative support to the Region I office and all bookkeeping functions. The Receptionist/Cashier works at least 40 hours per week in order to accomplish the administrative and general office duties of the department.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers all telephone calls and route calls to appropriate personnel. When required, takes complete information and forwards e-mail messages to appropriate personnel.
- Must be able to multi-task duties and responsibilities.
- Greets the public and defendants, notifies staff of arrivals.
- Enters and scans data into the department computer system
- Transports and delivers interdepartmental mail and packages.
- Provides employment applications and job description to potential applicants.
- Takes defendant pictures to upload into database.
- Collects money from probationers and maintains accurate records of payments.
- Prepares and monitors deposits of money collected from probationers into bank accounts.
- Maintains records of money collected from probationers/balance accounts/compiles accurate reports.
- Responsible for timeliness and accuracy of records to officers and correspondence regarding payments to probationers.
- Maintains computer records and compiles reports as needed to meet departmental needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Conducts self in a professional manner with colleagues, with defendants, and with the public.
- Assigns courtesy (transfer-in) investigations.
- Enters transfer-in cases in CSS.
- Complies with the TDCJ-CJAD Code of Ethics.
- Have acquired a high school diploma or GED
- Desirable to have completed two years of college work in bookkeeping from a college or business school.
- Knowledgeable in the use of word processing software; with the ability to type at least 40 words per minute
- Knowledgeable in the use of various photo copying machines and fax machines, and in the use of multi-line phones
- Be able to work independently and efficiently
- Possess the skills to effectively communicate orally or in writing
- Have basic working knowledge of the Texas Criminal Justice System
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to make rational, justifiable decisions
- Ability to take direction and critique from supervisory and administrative personnel
- Ability to follow the philosophy, policies, procedures and directives of the Concho Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License (if employee is coming to this position from another state, this requirement must be met no later than thirty days following date of employment)
- Must have a telephone number at which they can be reached
- Must have access to an automobile in good repair that can be used while on duty
- Must have the appropriate automobile insurance