Position Title: Resident Monitor Supervisor
Location: RKR Mens Community Corrections Facility (CCF)
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $36,158.00 (commensurate with experience)
Open: July 8, 2020
The Resident Monitor Supervisor is responsible for orientation, training, development and supervision of Resident Monitors and Resident Monitor Shift Leaders.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises all aspects of performance of Resident Monitors (RM) and Resident Monitor Shift Leaders (RMSL)
- Executes employee performance appraisals on RMSL
- Responsible for staff disciplinary actions as appropriate
- At the request of the Assistant Facility Director or Facility Director, employee shall investigate, complete a written report and make recommendations in regards to alleged staff misconduct
- Oversees work schedule and time off requests for RM and RMSL to assure appropriate shift coverage
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring qualified applicants for positions in the Facility
- Ensures that RM and RMSL supervise and record CCF resident activity in order to ensure compliance with facility procedures and conditions of community supervision.
- Performs duties assigned to CCF RM and RMSL as needed
- Designates appropriate CCF personnel to assume his/her duties during absence
- Ensures that RM and RMSL coordinate and schedule resident transportation with other CCF employees as appropriate
- Ensures periodic fire drills are conducted and oversees the inspection of fire prevention equipment
- Ensures that RM and RMSL monitor urinalysis collection, testing and shipping as appropriate
- Ensures the RM and RMSL maintain inventory and distribute expendable items to CCF residents as appropriate.
- Is knowledgeable of and uses Universal Precautions when dealing with residents and ensure staff follow proper precautions at all times
- Conducts self in a professional manner with colleagues in the criminal justice system, with offenders, with victims, and with the public.
- Complies with CJAD Standards; Residential Code of Ethics; Departmental policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as required.
- Associates Degree from an institution of higher education in the field of human behavior, criminal justice, psychology or sociology or 3-5 years supervisory experience in a community supervision and/or residential setting.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position which may include bending, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 50 pounds, standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in stressful situations
- Ability to operate various office equipment and equipment needed to assess residents
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability and training to administer CPR and/or first aid in an emergency situation
- Ability to utilize a personal computer
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Possess skills to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to conduct fair and objective investigations.
- Possess good judgment and sound decision making skills
- Ability to project and maintain an image consistent with the aims, goals and philosophy of the Concho Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- Ability to effectively and consistently communicate the mission and philosophy of the Department
- Ability to take direction and critique from supervisory and administrative personnel.
- Ability to follow the philosophy, policies, procedures and directives of the Concho Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License (if employee is coming to this position from another state, this requirement must be met no later than thirty days following date of employment)
- Must have a telephone number at which they can be reached
- Must have appropriate and current automobile insurance
- Must maintain appropriate dress and appearance as indicated in Concho Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department policies