Position Title: Residential Shift Leader
Location: RKR Mens Community Corrections Facility (CCF)
Job Type: Full-Time
Work Shift: Day Shift
Open: January 12, 2018
The Residential Shift Leader works under the guidance of the Residential Monitor Supervisor and works at least 40 hours per week. The Residential Shift Leader will be responsible for orientation, training,
development and supervision of Resident Monitors.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the supervision of all Correctional Staff assigned to his/her shift.
Ensures all facility security and safety procedures will be enforced.
Ensures that all residential/confines placed in the facility are accounted for at all times.
Directs the supervision of all Residential Monitors/Staff assigned to his/her shift.
Enforces all Department and facility policies and procedures.
Conducts performance appraisals on Residential Monitors assigned to his/her shift.
Coordinates and assigns Residential Monitor work schedule and post assignments.
Maintains all appropriate payroll time sheets in accordance with Department policy and procedure to ensure accuracy and accountability.
Ensures that all required logbooks are maintained in accordance with established policy and procedure.
Assists in facility operations training.
Develops, maintains the efficiency, and coordinates the activities of the Facility Emergency Response Team.
Coordinates Facility transportation for Residents requiring the use of assigned vans.
Monitors and enforces procedures for securing and managing resident personal property.
Coordinates and monitors emergency/fire evacuation drills.
Coordinates and ensures proper use of all Facility equipment.
Prepares and ensures the accuracy of all assigned weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
Investigates, completes a written report, and makes recommendations in regards to alleged staff misconduct, at the request of the Residential Senior Supervisor.
Conducts self in a professional manner with colleagues in the criminal justice system, with offenders, with victims, and with the public.
Complies with CJAD Standards; Residential Code of Ethics; Departmental policies and procedures.
Performs other duties as required.
- Have acquired a high school diploma or GED.
- Experience in a residential setting or educational degree/credit(s) from an institution of higher education in the field of human behavior, criminal justice, psychology or sociology is preferred.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position which may include bending, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 50 pounds, standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
- Ability to operate various office equipment and equipment needed to assess residents.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability and training to administer CPR and/or first aid in an emergency situation
- Have the ability to utilize a personal computer.
- Be able to work independently and efficiently.
- Possess skills to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to conduct fair and objective investigations.
- Possess good judgment and sound decision making skills
- Ability to project and maintain an image consistent with the aims, goals and philosophy of the Concho Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- Ability to effectively and consistently communicate the mission and philosophy of the Department.
- Ability to take direction and critique from supervisory and administrative personnel.
- Ability to follow the philosophy, policies, procedures and directives of the Concho Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License (if employee is coming to this position from another state, this requirement must be met no later than thirty days following date of employment).
- Must have a telephone number at which they can be reached.
- Must have access to an automobile in good repair that can be used while on duty.
- Must have the appropriate automobile insurance.
- Must maintain appropriate dress and appearance as indicated in Concho Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department policies.