Position Title: TAIP Outpatient Services Counselor or Intern Counselor*
Location: CVCSCD-CCF/Bryant Blvd
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $32,870.00 – 37,802.00 annually* (commensurate with experience)
Open: June 1, 2017
The Counselor or Intern Counselor works under the guidance of a Supervisor. The Counselor or Intern Counselor is responsible for providing comprehensive counseling services/classroom instruction and guidance to a client caseload in the areas of substance abuse, emotional and mental health issues, and life skills within the scope of CSCD programming, policies and procedures and DSHS Standards.
COUNSELOR or INTERN COUNSELOR
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts therapeutic group and individual counseling.
- Completes client psychosocial assessments, develops and revises client treatment plans.
- Conducts weekly client progress assessments and any reports on client status and activities as required.
- Conducts substance abuse education as described by program.
- Conducts personal and social adjustment training as described by program.
- Develops referral linkages with community resources.
- Adheres to licensure standards/rules governing confidentiality.
- Maintains client files with comprehensive documentation of all treatment activities.
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Reports any and all personnel problems to TAIP Supervisor.
- Initiates and attends Monthly Treatment Team Staffings and Treatment Team Meetings as needed.
- Conducts self in a professional manner with colleagues in the criminal justice system, with offenders, with victims, and with the public.
- Complies with TDCJ-CJAD Code of Ethics.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 4-year degree from an institution of higher education accredited by an accrediting organization recognized by the Texas Higher Education Board in criminology, corrections, counseling, law, social work, psychology, sociology, ADAC or related field approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to conduct therapeutic counseling for individuals and groups
- NCIC/TCIC background check meeting TDCJ PD75 guidelines
- Must pass pre-employment drug test
- Must possess a solid understanding of the dynamics of the disease of addiction and various program types pertinent to the addictive personality
- Prefer prior working experience in the Criminal Justice System
- Ability to work in stressful situations
- Ability to operate various office equipment
- Have the ability to utilize a personal computer
- Be able to work independently and efficiently
- Possess skills to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must possess certification as a Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor or be a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor, or Licensed Professional Counselor.
- Must meet any and all time-framed required standards
- Must be a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor-Intern or Licensed Professional Counselor – Intern in good standing with DSHS.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to conduct fair and objective investigations
- Possess good judgment and sound decision making skills
- Ability to project and maintain an image consistent with the aims, goals and philosophy of the Concho Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- Ability to effectively and consistently communicate the mission and philosophy of the Department
- Ability to take direction and critique from supervisory and administrative personnel
- Ability to follow the philosophy, policies, procedures and directives of the Concho
- Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License (if employee is coming to this position from
- another state, this requirement must be met no later than thirty days following date of employment).
- Must have a telephone number at which they can be reached
- Must have access to an automobile in good repair that can be used while on duty
- Must have the appropriate automobile insurance
*NON-EXEMPT ANNUAL SALARY DETAILS:
Counselor: Entry pay $36,158.00 Grade 14 – Step 3. Upon successful certification and actively delivering “Breaking the Cycle” program content pay will move to $37,802 Grade 14 – Step 4.
*Intern Counselor: $32,870.00 Grade 14 – Step 1.